Book Title: Textbook of Psychotherapeutic Treatments in Psychiatry
Publisher: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
Author: Glen O. Gabbard
- Clinical Practice of Cognitive Therapy with Children and Adolescents, Second Edition: The Nuts and Bolts
- On Being a Therapist
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Second Edition: Basics and Beyond
- Drugs in Perspective: Causes, Assessment, Family, Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment (B&b Health)
- Counseling and Therapy for Couples (SW 393R 15-Couples Counseling)
- Groups: A Counseling Specialty (7th Edition)
- Theory-Based Treatment Planning for Marriage and Family Therapists: Integrating Theory and Practice (Marital, Couple, & Family Counseling)
- Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy
- Essential Skills in Family Therapy: From the First Interview to Termination, 2nd Edition
Carefully matching the psychotherapeutic modality to the patient or client is critical to treatment outcomes. This up-to-date, scientifically rigorous, and exhaustive volume both teaches and facilitates that meticulous process. Sure to become the standard text for all students and practicing psychotherapists, whatever their background psychiatry, psychology, or social work the Textbook of Psychotherapeutic Treatments
addresses all the major psychotherapeutic modalities in one comprehensive, authoritative volume. As the literature empirically validating psychotherapy as a treatment has expanded and the range of available psychotherapies has grown, the need for such a book has become critical. Glen Gabbard, the author or editor of more than 22 books and over 280 scientific papers and book chapters in the fields of psychiatry and psychoanalysis, has assembled 50 of the field s most renowned experts in every psychotherapeutic school of thought to create this definitive, masterfully realized volume. In addition to individual therapies, the book addresses group, conjoint, and family therapies. Integrative forms of psychotherapy are covered as well. Additional chapters on psychotherapy s neurobiological underpinnings and on the nature of professional boundaries conclude this indispensable volume. Structured to facilitate comparison among modalities, this easy-to-navigate, brilliantly executed volume should find a home on every aspiring and practicing clinician s shelf.